This is a blog devoted to philosophies of model Cat RoPo, such as self-love, self-expression, feminism, human rights and all of the other beautiful things this world has to offer. It will contain writings, thoughts, articles, videos, and songs that will more than likely contradict each other at many points, for living is growing, and growing is an incredible but graceless process.Curiosity... Submit
I think Don Draper is the most useless, trite, ANNOYING TV character in the history of the small screen. ”Wah, wah. I fucked her, her and her, WHERE’S MY COCKTAIL?! Let’s get it together boys, this stuff won’t sell itself…I’m so conflicted over what cocktail I’ll have next. Nice tits. Wah, wah.”
over a 20-year period, asking some 2,000 men in college questions like this: “Have you ever had sexual intercourse with someone, even though they did not want to, because they were too intoxicated [on alcohol or drugs] to resist your sexual advances?”, or “Have you ever had sexual intercourse with an adult when they didn’t want to because you used physical force [twisting their arm, holding them down, etc.] if they didn’t cooperate?”
About 1 in 16 men answered “yes” to these or similar questions.
1 in sixteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen are you kidding me
if we got 1 in 16 motherfuckers admitting to raping women on college campuses and are “very forthcoming. In fact, they are eager to talk about their experience”, you better fucking believe tossing out your short skirt and staying in at night isn’t going to keep you safe.
In a survey of 11-14 year-old boys…
- 51% believed that “forced sex” is acceptable if a boy spends a lot of money on a girl
- 31% believed that it would be okay to rape someone with past sexual experience
- 65% believed that sexual assault is okay if dating for more than 6 months
- 87% believed that sexual assault is okay if the perpetrator and victim are married
…aaand in a survey of college males…
- 1 in 12 admitted to committing rape (under the legal definition)
- 35% admitted that they would commit rape under circumstances if they could get away with it
…and in another…
- 43% of college-aged men admitted to using “coercive behavior” such as ignoring a woman’s nonconsent and using physical aggression
really? how does this not make me even more scared? fuck
reblogging for commentary
The problem is that the men probably didn’t realize it was rape since it’s basically a cultural norm.
Rape culture is real and horrible
The more I learn about rape culture, the more it becomes clear that it never has been and never will be the women who are “asking for it” but the fact that certain misguided men are taught not to care what we do or do not ask of them.